Pillsbury Real Estate partner Andrew J. Weiner’s practice is global in scope, with a significant and sustained concentration on transactions in the New York metropolitan area. Since 1976, Andrew has represented domestic and foreign clients in equity and debt transactions, the creation of real estate funds and joint ventures, and transactions involving distressed real estate.
Andrew’s practice has had a significant concentration in the hospitality and real estate investment trust (REIT) sectors, and in leasing. His clients have included funds, family offices, institutional lenders, universities, non-U.S. investors and New York City developers.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a New York-based university/medical center in its real estate transactions, including acquisition or master lease of nine dormitories, over 2 million square feet of leasing as landlord or tenant, development of a biotechnology center, purchase of six commercial properties, and reorganization of medical center as a commercial condominium.
- Represented the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America in negotiations with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to relocate St. Nicholas Church, destroyed on 9/11, to a new location at the World Trade Center site.
- Represented investor group in negotiating rights to develop the riverfront along the Neva River in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Represented a Hong Kong public company in the acquisition of office buildings and hotels in the US and Europe, including a joint venture between its lifestyle brand and a shared workspace business operator.
- Represented an investment advisor, whose clients include US and foreign pension funds and sovereign funds, in mortgage, mezzanine and B-note lending, acquiring B-Notes and tranches of securitized debt, and fund formation and investor relations.
- Represented international banks, a television network and others in negotiation of their headquarter leases in Manhattan and other significant leasing transactions, including sale-leasebacks.
- Represented an investment bank-sponsored opportunity fund in creating, holding and disposing of a $600 million portfolio of mezzanine debt.
- Member, Advisory Board, NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate
- Member, Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate (AFIRE)
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL)
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1976
- B.A., Yale University, 1972
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$