Andrey T. Tomkiw focuses his practice on representing employers in labor and employment law cases, as well as in business matters. He concentrates much of his practice on assisting human resource professionals tasked with drafting and implementing policies to be fully compliant with the permutations of the ADA, FLSA and FMLA.
He counsels clients in a practical manner on how to best address the various workplace issues that arise on a daily basis, including sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour, disability claims and requests for accommodations, substance abuse, and workplace violence.
He also works with unionized clients on addressing unfair labor practice charges, implementing creative collective bargaining strategies and pension withdrawal liability.
Andrey has considerable litigation experience, including wage and hour class actions, enforcement of restrictive covenants, defense of all employment claims, and creative resolutions to shareholder disputes.
He has represented clients before many state and federal agencies including the EEOC, NLRB, MDCR, UA, MiOSHA, MERC, OFCCP, the Wage & Hour Division of the Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth, and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Wayne State University Law School (J.D., 1992)
- Wayne State University (B.S., 1988)
Bar Admissions : Michigan
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Executive Council
- Employment Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association, Employment Law Section
- Detroit Regional Chamber
- Leadership Detroit
- Association for Corporate Growth, Program Committee
Rate : $$$