Andy Nikolopoulos is an experienced commercial and business litigator who represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations. He has handled numerous trials as lead counsel with successful results.
Andy has tried to verdict or judgment more than 40 trials throughout Texas, and has set the stage for many victories through aggressive use and defense of temporary restraining orders and injunctions. He is also highly adept at all pre-trial aspects of litigation, often using creative legal theory and procedure to his client’s advantage.
Andy believes that his methods of preparation and hard work are what separate him from other attorneys, whether the case approach involves a quick resolution or an eye toward trial. This work ethic coupled with his broad experience allows him to provide exceptional representation to clients on a wide array of issues.
Andy handles a variety of matters, including : Breach of contract, Partnership disputes, Premises liability claims, Breach of fiduciary duty claims, Libel and slander.
Additionally, Andy has a thriving intellectual property practice representing businesses and innovative individuals, especially in the courtroom and on both sides of the docket. He also prosecutes trademark and copyright applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office. This experience allows him to manage and enforce trademark portfolios for various national clients.
Representative Matters :
- Trial victory for a creditor’s committee plaintiff against an affiliate entity and insider of a Chapter 11 steel company debtor, where our client obtained a monetary judgment (including attorney’s fees) in excess of $600,000.
- Trial victory in the defense of a conversion and civil theft case, followed by a victory in the appellate court in defending the take-nothing judgment.
- Trial victory in a commercial lease dispute, where our client was awarded money damages along with court costs and attorney’s fees.
- Trial victory in the defense of a breach of contract case where the plaintiff was seeking significant damages based on a guaranty on a line of credit.
- Trial victory in a bill of review action that resulted in a large judgment being set aside, despite the stringent standards imposed by law for such relief.
- Arbitration victory in a real estate dispute case that resulted in our client obtaining full title to the disputed property.
- Summary judgment on multiple high exposure premises liability cases based on a unique application of Texas franchise law.
- Summary judgment on behalf of a defendant who was sued for breach of a letter of intent in connection with the proposed acquisition of a business.
- University of East Anglia, Norwich, England (LL.M., 2004)
- South Texas College of Law Houston (J.D., 2003)
- Trinity University (B.A., 1998)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Computer & Technology Section
BOARD OF DIRECTORS : Holy Trinity Academy
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
BAR ADMISSIONS : Texas
Rate : $$$$