Aneca E. Lasley is an accomplished trial lawyer and strategic business counselor who is a leader within the firm and the Central Ohio community. As a trial lawyer, Aneca successfully litigates and counsels clients on complex commercial disputes, with extensive experience handling product liability and insurance disputes.
Her success before judges and juries derives from her ability to distill effectively complicated legal theories and fact patterns into winning arguments. Her nationwide litigation and trial experience includes multidistrict litigation and class actions in federal and state courts in Ohio and throughout the US.
As a strategic business counselor and trial advocate, Aneca is committed to learning the business and products of her clients. This enables her to provide practical and credible advice to effectively manage risk, help clients achieve their key business objectives and, when necessary, successfully advocate before judges and juries.
Aneca recognizes that each case is unique and that her approach will often be influenced by factors such as the client’s business objectives or even the conduct of her opposing counsel.
Aneca is also a demonstrated firm and community leader. She serves as co-chair of the firm’s Women’s Enterprise, where she works to help implement a culture that promotes full and equal participation, advancement and retention of women.
She is also a member of the firm’s Legal Personnel Committee, where she is responsible for the review, evaluation, compensation and advancement of non-partner lawyers. Aneca plays a leading role in determining and implementing Squire Patton Boggs’ hiring strategies and its summer associate program.
Actively involved in the Central Ohio community, Aneca is a member of the board of the YWCA and vice-chair of the board of United Schools Network, where she chairs the Development Committee. Aneca is a member of the Columbus Bar Association, where she formerly served on the Bar’s Ethics Committee, the Ohio Bar Association and the Ohio Women’s Bar Association, and is a past president of Women Lawyers of Franklin County.
- The Ohio State University, J.D., with honors, managing editor, The Ohio State Law Journal, 2000
- Ohio Northern University, B.A., cum laude, 1997
Admissions : Ohio, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit, 2011
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Colorado, 2007
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio, 2003
- Represented a US-based automotive supplier in supply contract claims valued in excess of US$17 million against the acquirer of an OEM out of bankruptcy and reached a favorable settlement following trial.
- Represented major pharmaceutical manufacturers, as well as a seatbelt and airbag manufacturer, in products liability litigation throughout the US.
- Obtained a unanimous defense verdict in favor of a national insurance underwriter against claims of mortgage fraud and a Ponzi scheme seeking in excess of US$4 million.
- Obtained a jury verdict for US$5,245,000 in favor of a corporate acquisition arm of a US-based promotional products company in litigation involving breaches of representations and warranties and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully defended a national provider of lithotripsy services in a derivative action alleging breach of fiduciary duty and seeking in excess of US$1 million. Following less than two hours of deliberation, the jury returned a unanimous defense verdict.
- Counseling a Fortune 100 company with respect to its strategy in seeking insurance coverage for a claim in excess of US$140 million.
- Counseling a Fortune 500 company on intellectual property matters in Ohio.
- Advising companies on trade secret strategies and risk management.
- Advising companies on corporate compliance policies, practices and implementation.
Rate : $$$$