Angela M. Bean is a specialist in immigration and nationality law certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. She has practiced immigration law in the Bay Area since 1985.
Ms. Bean obtained her law degree from Golden Gate University and her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Santa Cruz, where she majored in Women’s Studies and History. During law school, Ms. Bean clerked for California Supreme Court Justice Cruz Reynoso as a judicial extern.
After law school Ms. Bean was awarded a Revson Fellowship by the Women’s Law and Public Policy Program at Georgetown University, where she interned as a Fellow at the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Bean is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). She is past chair of the Immigration and Nationality Law Advisory Commission of the California State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization. Ms. Bean has written for various publications of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, of which she has been a member since 1985.
Ms. Bean has served on many distinguished national panels and has been an expert witness for the State Bar of California, the U.S. Federal Public Defender and the California Attorney General’s Office on immigration matters.
Angela M. Bean has lectured in Immigration Law at UC Berkeley’s Boalt Hall.
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- University of California, Santa Cruz
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California Supreme Court Justice Cruz Reynoso , Clerked
- American Immigration Lawyers Association , Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 1985 – Present
- California State Bar Immigration and Nationality Law Advisory Commission, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California , Chair of the Commission, 1996 – 1997
Rate : $$$