Angela de Cespedes is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. An experienced trial attorney, she has multi-state and international experience in complex tort and commercial litigation. Businesses and institutions enlist Angela to defend allegations involving business disputes, premises liability, products liability, trade secret, employment, and to manage crisis situations in an effort to circumvent litigation, collect and preserve evidence/data in the event of an investigation/litigation, and liaison with government agencies and other third parties to minimize risk and avoid unjustified public perception.
Angela’s expansive practice includes the representation of a diverse base of clients including commercial property owners, hotel owners, developers and operators, food services providers, professional sports leagues, professional sports teams, stadiums and arenas, social media companies, software companies, educational institutions, global supply chain companies, apparel manufacturers, suppliers and distributors, chemical manufacturers and distributors, and insurance companies.
A thought leader in the use of social media and online content in the defense and prosecution of litigation, Angela frequently lectures and is a noted author on the impact of social media and online content on litigation, lawyer ethics, and in the workplace. She is also a prominent speaker and author who provides training to clients on the subjects of crisis/incident management and data/evidence retention.
Most recently she participated in the creation and filming of a groundbreaking new e-learning course covering various areas of data/evidence collection and preservation called “Sources and Phases of eDiscovery Data,” the only Professional Certificate in this area bestowed by an accredited law school in the United States.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Miami, B.A., 1998
- Universidad de Salamanca, 1996, Certificado
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami, Board of Directors, 2009-2013
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Federal Courts Volunteer Lawyer’s Project
- Global Alliance of Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality Attorneys
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$