Angela Vigil is the Firm’s Partner and Executive Director of the Pro Bono Practice. Prior to joining the Firm, Angela worked for the Children and Family Justice Center, Bluhm Legal Clinic of the Northwestern Pritzger School of Law as the Director of Children’s Law Pro Bono Projects, where she led strategic litigation and advocacy on behalf of children.
She also worked as an attorney, director and clinical teacher at Northwestern Law School Legal Clinic’s where she founded and directed volunteer lawyer practice in the children’s law pro bono practice in the neighborhood branch office.
Angela focuses her practice on children’s law, civil rights and human rights. An experienced trial lawyer, she frequently lectures at various national and international conferences on issues related to professional responsibility, children’s law, juvenile justice practice, interviewing and counseling clients, legal aid and social justice.
She also presents on pro bono management in law firms and in legal service organizations, as well as on teaming with corporate clients through pro bono service.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (1995)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A.) (1992)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit~United States (2010)
- Florida~United States (2007)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit~United States (2006)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) – Board of Trustees, Chair
- American Bar Association – Working Group on Unaccompanied Minor Immigrants, Member
- Northwestern Bluhm Legal Clinic Advisory Board, Member
- Association of Pro Bono Counsel, Emeritus Board Member and Co-founder
- Miami Pro Bono Roundtable, Member
- American Bar Association – Section of Litigation’s Pro Bono & Public Interest Law Committee, Former Co-chair
Rate : $$$