Angela Hart-Edwards is a seasoned litigator and trial lawyer having tried more than 50 cases to verdict. She focuses her practice in all aspects of employment law with an emphasis on representation of employers in individual and class and collective litigation matters in state and federal courts nationwide.
As a former Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Department of Justice Civil Rights Attorney, and an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, she defends government contractor and other private sector employers in individual and multi-plaintiff employment discrimination lawsuits, EEOC and Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP) systemic discrimination actions, and in wage and hour, and class and collective actions.
She conducts internal investigations, writes employment policies and handbooks, serves as a corporate diversity counselor, and trains management on the myriad of laws impacting the workplace. In addition, she conducts labor and employment law diligence for corporate and private equity related mergers and acquisitions. Angela also defends companies in various types of commercial litigation and government inquiries that are sometimes initiated by grand jury subpoenas.
Her clients represent a diverse range of industries including, but not limited to, construction, defense, and technology government contractors, manufacturing, logistics, utilities, higher education institutions, nonprofit, government, healthcare, staffing, retail, and hospitality.
- LL.M., Temple University, Trial Advocacy, 1996
- J.D., Temple University School of Law, 1990
- B.A., Rutgers University, Labor Studies, 1987
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; Maryland; New Jersey; Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Professional Experience :
- The Conference Board, Instructor, Corporate Executives Diversity and Inclusion
- Georgetown Law Center, Adjunct Professor, Corporate Diversity Counseling
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Adjunct Professor, Introduction to American Cultures
- The National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Instructor, Trial Skills
- The Philadelphia Bar Education Center, Instructor, Americans with Disabilities Act
- NAACP, Life Member
- National Labor and Employment Council, Member
- National Employment Law Council, Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
- Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, General Counsel to the Commissioners
- The Council for Federal EEO and Civil Rights Executives, Advisor
- Maryland State Bar Association, Employment & Labor Law Section, Member
- NAACP Council, Parent Representative
Rate : $$$$