Angela Hebberd practices general commercial litigation. She litigates in both state and federal courts and has handled matters before governmental bodies and administrative tribunals. Outside the courtroom, she is a knowledgeable and skilled negotiator who has achieved favorable settlements that saved clients’ time and money.
Ms. Hebberd has experience working with various fields and industries, including construction, manufacturing, real estate, insurance, and telecommunications. She has represented clients in complex business matters, including trade secrets litigation, products liability claims, and class action lawsuits.
Ms. Hebberd’s areas of interest and study include data privacy, social media, and consumer laws. She blogs about these areas and related topics on The Legal Dish. Ms. Hebberd is a graduate of Cornell Law School and a cum laude graduate of Columbia University.
- Represented multinational client in class-action litigation involving products liability claims.
- Represented multinational client in various construction defect lawsuits.
- Represented top global insurance company in complex insurance coverage litigation involving breach of contract and declaratory judgment claims. The insurance policies in dispute presented novel issues and areas of law requiring extensive research and creative legal argumentation.
- Represented a high-profile client in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit seeking damages for fraud claims brought under the California Unfair Competition Law and the False Claims Act.
- Represented public entity in administrative and civil tax disputes filed against private individuals and companies and achieved desirable settlements for the client.
- Represented tenants in unlawful detainer action to prevent forcible eviction from tenants’ property.
Admissions : California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Cornell Alumni Network of Asian Lawyers (CANAL), Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$