Angela W. Lee is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups. Previously, Ms. Lee was a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Ms. Lee joined Debevoise in 2014. Ms. Lee received a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2014 where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and a recipient of the Parker School Certificate for Achievement in Foreign and Comparative Law. She received a B.A. magna cum laude from the University of Southern California in 2010. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- Prudential Financial in its minority stake investment in Peak Reinsurance.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Bedrock Insurance in its proposed acquisition of Ashmere Insurance, a workers’ compensation specialty insurance company.
- Kuvare in its acquisition of United Life Insurance Company.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Premia Holdings, a newly-formed property and casualty insurance and reinsurance group focused on providing runoff solutions.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Credit Value Partners, a distressed and high-yield debt investment management business.
- Tribune Media Company in the $560 million sale of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, to the Nielsen Company.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Apollo Global Management in a significant equity investment in Genco Shipping & Trading.
- Johnson & Johnson in its $330 million acquisition from AstraZeneca of the global rights outside of the U.S. to Rhinocort Aqua, a line of nasal sprays used to treat allergies.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its investment in Pathway Partners, a leading veterinary hospital owner and operator.
- J.P. Morgan Securities as financial advisor to CIFC, a U.S. private debt investment manager, in its acquisition by F.A.B. Partners.
- American Coastal Insurance Company and its parent, RDX Holding Corp., in its merger with United Insurance Holdings Corp.
- International Paper in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
Anbang Insurance Group in its proposed $1.6 billion acquisition, later terminated, of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity to JCPenney to reduce JCPenney’s pension liabilities.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to the U.S. subsidiary of Royal Philips as part of an overall transaction that will reduce Philips’ pension liabilities by $1.1 billion.
- Exor as insurance M&A counsel in its contested $6.9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe, a Bermuda-based reinsurance company.
- Columbia Law School, 2014, J.D.
- University of Southern California, 2010, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$