Angela Vogel has over a decade of experience counseling employers on every aspect of the employment relationship. Angela counsels employers on disability and leave laws, wage and hour laws and other workplace challenges. She regularly conducts workplace investigations and provides training to managers to address issues such as sexual harassment, discrimination and disability and leave laws.
Angela also routinely drafts and revises employee handbooks, policies, and agreements. Prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Angela was in-house counsel at Expeditors, a Fortune 500 global logistics company, where she provided advice and counseling on domestic and international employment matters.
Her litigation practice focuses on defending employers in connection with claims involving discrimination, harassment, disability accommodations, leaves of absence, wrongful terminations, breach of contract and wage and hour issues. Angela has extensive experience litigating in state and federal court, in addition to defending employers before federal, state, and local agencies.
- Corporate Counsel, Employment, Expeditors International of Washington, Inc., Seattle, 2014-2016
- Partner, 2013-2014; Senior Counsel/Associate, 2009- 2013 – Gordon & Rees LLP, Seattle
- Associate, Patterson Buchanan Fobes Leitch & Kalzer, Inc. P.S., Seattle, 2007-2009
- Enforcement Attorney, Washington State Department of Financial Institutions, Securities Division, Tumwater, Wash., 2006-2007
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board Member, Friends of Youth, 2017-present
- Volunteer Attorney, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP)
- Board Member, King County Washington Women Lawyers, 2013-2015
- Judicial Evaluation Committee, King County Washington Women Lawyers, 2012-2013
- Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Conference Planning Committee, 2013-2015
- Neighborhood Legal Clinic Volunteer, King County Bar Association, 2003-2011
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2003, cum laude
- William L. Dwyer American Inns of Court
- CALI Award, Corporate Acquisitions
- B.A., History, Seattle University, 1999
Rate : $$$