Angela M. Seaton has more than 20 years of experience focusing on complex litigation, with an emphasis on pharmaceutical product liability defense and smoking-and-health lawsuits. She has represented product manufacturers in highly regulated industries and has been an integral part of trial teams defending product manufacturers across the country.
Angela has developed a deep knowledge of the scientific and medical aspects of product liability litigation.
In connection with her practice, Angela has worked with experts in the areas of cardiology, pulmonology, pathology, oncology, radiology, urology, hepatology, thoracic surgery, otolaryngology, epidemiology, toxicology, neurology, psychiatry and industrial hygiene. She also has extensive experience deposing plaintiffs’ experts and treating physicians in these fields.
- Defended pharmaceutical manufacturer and worked up bellwether cases in multidistrict litigation involving anti-seizure medication;
- Represented pharmaceutical company through discovery and trial phase of multidistrict litigation involving diabetes medication;
- Successfully argued for a one-year limit on diversity-based removals in cases involving plaintiffs’ tactical efforts to defeat removal. In re Rezulin Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 03-4763 (S.D.N.Y. 2004);
- Conducted full workup of cases involving allegations of personal injury in connection with the plaintiffs’ use of weight loss medication;
- Assisted with development of medical expert witnesses in lawsuits brought against manufacturer of hormone therapy medication;
- Defended pharmaceutical manufacturer in cases involving over-the-counter decongestants.
- Developed medical defense strategy in dozens of smoking-and-health cases throughout the state of Florida, including expert witness development from the pretrial phase through deposition and trial testimony;
- Defended pharmaceutical manufacturer in lawsuits involving claims of vision loss in connection with use of heart medication;
- Successfully excluded six medical experts and obtained summary judgment. Nelson v. Am. Home Prods. Corp., 92 F.Supp. 954 (W.D. Mo. 2000);
- J.D., with honors, University of Kansas School of Law, 1998
- B.A., with honors, University of Kansas, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Defense Research Institute
- Food and Drug Law Institute, Drugs and Biologics Committee
- Missouri Organization of Defense Attorneys
Rate : $$$