Angie Puentes-Leon has extensive experience litigating individual and mass tort matters in state and federal courts in Florida and throughout the United States. She represents domestic and foreign clients in products liability litigation and complex commercial litigation.
Her practice focuses on defending clients in personal injury and wrongful death actions that involve products and consumer goods related to industries that include automotive, aviation, pharmaceutical and medical device, and food.
Her experience includes presenting opening statements and conducting direct and cross examinations in multiple jury trials. Angie is the food, beverage, dietary supplement, and personal care products industry group co-leader.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- Associate Editor, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review
- University of Miami Moot Court Board
- Florida International University (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Melvia B. Green, 3rd District Court of Appeal
- Judicial Intern in the Criminal Division, The Honorable Ellen Leesfield, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Member, Product Liability Committee
- Co-Chair, Fifth Annual ABA Food and Supplements Workshop (2015)
- Dade County Defense Bar Association
- Advisory Board (2010-present)
- President (2008-2010)
- Miami Catholic Lawyer’s Guild
- Florida International University Alumni Association Lifetime Member
- President, Mercy Hospital Foundation’s “Angels of Mercy” (2008-2011)
Rate : $$$$