Ms. Angela Washelesky joined Culhane Meadows direct from her role as trademark chair of Reed Smith LLP’s Chicago office. Her practice focuses on trademark prosecution and marketing law. Known for her responsiveness, Angela’s clients say that she is practical and efficient, with a practical eye toward their business goals at all times.
She advises clients, from small entrepreneurial start ups to large multi-national corporations, with regard to trademark clearance, trademark prosecution, international trademark strategy, trademark enforcement, compliance with advertising and trade practice laws, including substantiation of claims, sweepstakes and contests, privacy issues, and dispute resolution.
She drafts and negotiates contracts for trademark clients such as licenses and settlement agreements. She oversees due diligence on intellectual property for mergers and acquisitions. She drafts and negotiates contracts for ad agencies and marketing clients, such as over-scale talent, sponsorship agreements, web advertising and international ad agency agreements.
- John Marshall Law School, LL.M. in Intellectual Property, with honors
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif
- DePaul University, B.A., with high honors
- Reed Smith, LLP (Chair, Chicago Trademark Practice Group)
- Sears, Roebuck & Co. (in-house)
- Leo Burnett Worldwide Advertising (in-house)
BAR ADMISSION : Illinois
- State Bar of Illinois
- International Trademark Association
Representative Experience & Transactions:
- As a Partner at Reed Smith, Angela was Chair of the Chicago Trademark Practice and oversaw a combined portfolio of 1800 marks.
- As an attorney, Leo Burnett advertising agency, Angela handled legal issues relating to the advertising production and related contracts for companies such as Ameritech, Maytag, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Sealy and United Airlines
- Board Member, Lawyers for the Creative Arts, a not-for-profit organization that provides legal services for needy artists (2006-2007)
- Copyright Society of the USA, Board of Trustees: 2004-2007; Chair of the Midwest Chapter: 2002-2004
Rate : $$$$