Angélique Poret-Kahn is an associate in the Banking & Finance/Major Projects Practice Group. She is a member of the Firm’s French Desk. Before transferring to the Chicago office, Mrs. Poret-Kahn practiced for almost eight years in the New York office of the Firm. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she was a trainee lawyer in the mergers and acquisitions department at Shearman & Sterling LLP in Paris.
In 2005, she worked at the Commercial Court of Paris. Mrs. Poret-Kahn’s pro bono work includes assisting victims of domestic violence in obtaining lawful status in the US, and assisting victims of gender discrimination or children subject to FGM by submitting asylum or special juvenile immigrant petitions.
Mrs. Poret-Kahn practices in banking and finance law, focusing on cross-border operations involving France. She advises US- and European-based issuers, private equity firms, hedge funds, broker-dealers and asset managers on purchases and sales of securities, regulatory issues and disclosure obligations under the EU Market Abuse, Prospectus, Takeover Bid and Transparency Directives. She also advises foreign and domestic banks and investment advisers in the US.
Mrs. Poret-Kahn also advises financial institutions and intermediaries, including global custodians, investment funds and other institutional investors, on global regulatory compliance programs and enforcement matters, as well as transactional and related financial services, including securities lending programs and other asset management services.
Additionally, Mrs. Poret-Kahn supports the Firm’s Global Equity Services Practice Group, advising North American issuers listed on the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ on offerings of equity compensation plans to their European employees under the EU Prospectus Directive.
- Georgetown University Law Center (2007)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (2004)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (2003)
- University of Louvain (2003)
- New York~United States (2012)
- Paris~France (2008)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised Infosys Limited on its listing on NYSE Euronext Paris and NYSE Euronext London in February 2013.
- Advised KIT digital, Inc. on its cross-listing on the Prague Stock Exchange in January 2010.
- Advised Oragenics, Inc. on its December 2008 Fast Path listing on NYSE Alternext in Paris, which was the first listing by a US issuer on NYSE Alternext in Paris.
- Advised Philip Morris International Inc. on its listing on NYSE Euronext Paris in connection with its spin-off from Altria Group, Inc. in 2008, which was the first listing on NYSE Euronext Paris under its Fast Path listing rules.
Rate : $$$