Anish Desai focuses on patent litigation in U.S. District Courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Mr. Desai has also represented clients as lead counsel in inter partes review proceedings. In 2016, Mr. Desai was one of the top attorneys involved in Patent Trial and Appeal Board proceedings.
Mr. Desai has had significant roles in both jury and bench trials, including direct and cross-examination of key witnesses, presenting at Markman hearings, and arguing both discovery and case-dispositive motions.
His representations have covered a wide array of industries including wind and gas turbine, medical device, chemical, biopharma, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and computer networking. Recent cases that Mr. Desai has been involved with include:
- General Electric Company v. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (N.D. Tex. and M.D. Fl.) – Counsel for GE in infringement actions relating to wind turbines that resulted in a $170 million judgment for GE, and summary judgment of non-infringement for GE on the patent asserted by Mitsubishi.
- Counsel for General Electric, BASF, Apple, The Dow Chemical Company, Under Armour, and Nu Mark in over 50 IPR proceedings involving turbofan engines, zeolite catalysts, smartphone and wearable technology, OLED compounds, and e-vapor products.
- Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc. v. The Dow Chemical Company (Del. Ch.) – Counsel for Dow in a breach of contract litigation relating to ownership of patent applications relating to polymers and coating formulations.
- Highland Dwellings Together We Stand Legal Action Group v. District of Columbia Housing Authority – Pro bono counsel for public housing tenants in a litigation against DCHA. Successfully argued a motion for remand before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Boston University (B.S., 2001)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2005)
- District of Columbia
- US Ct App Federal Circuit
- Eastern District Texas
- US Patent & Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$