Anita Hotchkiss is a trial attorney with 40 years of experience defending companies and individuals in the state and federal trial and appellate courts. Her practice emphasizes complex pharmaceutical, medical device, and other products liability cases; mass torts; class actions; and medical and legal professional liability matters.
Anita has tried over 35 cases and is one of the few attorneys in the country who has tried a medical monitoring class action. She is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, and is fluent in Italian and Spanish.
Among the products she has defended are anesthetic agents, DES, DTP, flu and poliovirus vaccines, PPA, fen-phen, breast implants, denture adhesives, metoclopramide, sutures, artificial hips and knees, and phosphosoda.
In the realm of medical liability, Anita has handled and tried to conclusion various types of professional malpractice actions including legal malpractice, medical malpractice, pharmacy malpractice, and dental malpractice, and she has handled disciplinary actions against hospital physicians.
She has also tried to conclusion multiple pharmaceutical actions and has defended several major pharmaceutical companies in both individual and mass tort actions.
She lectures frequently to attorney and corporate members of national and local legal organizations on defense issues and tactics and was an invited member of the faculty at the prestigious Trial Academy run by the International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Fellows of the American Bar
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Appointed Member of Amicus Case Selection Committee
- New Jersey Civil Justice Institute Legal Advisory Board
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey: Board of Trustees, 1981-2000; President, 1998-1999
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Rutgers Graduate School of Library Service, Master of Library Service, Reference, 1970
- Bates College, high honors, 1959
Rate : $$$