Anita Stearns Mayo provides compliance advice regarding federal, state and local political laws. For 28 years, Anita has provided political law advice to corporate, political committee, high net worth individual, and trade association clients.
She advises clients regarding campaign contribution limits, prohibitions and reporting obligations. Clients also seek advice from Anita regarding various lobbying laws, including registration and reporting requirements. She also provides advice regarding gift restrictions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Routinely testifies before, and submits written comments to, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors and the Ethics Commission regarding proposed amendments to various political laws. Many of her recommendations have become law.
- Successfully represented clients in reaching settlement agreements with state and local agencies for alleged violations of lobbying and campaign contribution laws.
- Represented corporate clients involved in highly visible ballot measure campaigns in local California jurisdictions, serving as lead counsel advising the clients about the campaign reporting and advertising disclaimer requirements.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Parliamentarian, SF Chapter of Links
- Member, Board of Governors, Public Advocates
- former member, Howard University Board of Trustees.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1989
- M.A., Howard University, 1976
- B.S., Howard University, 1975
ADMISSIONS : California, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$