Ann M. Ashton is a partner in the Litigation Department, head of the Firm’s Securities Litigation Group and head of the Litigation practice in Washington, D.C. Ann has a wide range of experience in complex litigation matters and parallel proceedings, including securities class actions and individual litigation, shareholder derivative litigation, criminal and civil enforcement proceedings before various federal and state entities, corporate internal investigations, ERISA class action litigation and market conduct class actions and individual litigation.
Prior to joining Proskauer, she was a partner and co-head of the Securities, M&A and Corporate Governance Litigation Practice Group at Dewey & LeBoeuf. Ann is part of a team that practices in the intersection where class actions, shareholder derivative suits, SEC enforcement matters and white collar prosecutions meet.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1980
- Catholic University of America, B.A., 1976
Admissions & Qualifications : District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Business Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$