Ann-Marie McGaughey focuses on the general corporate representation of both publicly and privately held companies, including family businesses, in a wide array of industries, including technology, retail, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, energy, automotive, travel, education, health and beauty, and service-oriented areas. She has particular skill in representing multinational companies in connection with US transactions and operations, and coordinating multi discipline and multi jurisdictional teams.
Ann-Marie has significant experience in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, strategic alliances, commercial lending transactions and general contract negotiations. Furthermore, she often serves as lead outside counsel, managing the provision of all legal services required to meet a client’s needs.
Ann-Marie also advises clients with respect to analysis under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, and the pre-merger notification filings with the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice.
Clients have described Ann-Marie as “extremely responsive” and as “a great relationship partner. Her subject matter expertise of M&A is phenomenal. She just brings a lot of value to the table.”. Others have commented “her partnership attitude truly makes her a value-add to our relationship” (Chambers USA, 2017), and have called her “very efficient, thorough and practical” (Chambers USA).
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Bar Association
- Co-chair, North American Forum of the International Bar Association
- Judge, Southeastern Regional Transactional LawMeet
- Board member, ION
- Past president, board member, OnBoard
- Former board member, British American Business Group
- Reading mentor, Everybody Wins! Power Lunch Program
- Former board member, Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta
- Mercer University, J.D., cum laude, managing editor, Mercer Law Review, 1993
- Bowling Green State University, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, 1989
Rate : $$$