Ann E. Prouty helps clients navigate all aspects of environmental compliance. She assists businesses of all sizes with permitting, compliance and enforcement actions, environmental audits, rulemaking, environmental litigation and dispute resolution.
She frequently represents businesses in enforcement actions relating to violations of air and waste statutes and regulations, including the development of supplemental environmental projects to assist in settlement. She also advises on release reporting obligations and all aspects of emergency response.
When informal dispute resolution fails, Ann represents clients in litigation arising from environmental matters. This includes litigation under traditional environmental laws, as well as contractual environmental obligations and common law issues.
Ann counsels corporations on their environmental obligations and liability during real estate and M&A transactions, including brownfield issues.
- Columbia Law School, J.D. James Kent Scholar, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Hamilton Fellow, Columbia Journal of Environmental Law (senior executive editor) (2009)
- Pomona College, B.A. cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2005)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional Associations :
- American Bar Association — Environmental and Energy Litigation Section; Young Lawyers Division, (Co-Chair, 2011-present)
- Colorado Environmental Management Society — Vice President, 2012; President, 2013; Board Member, 2014
- Colorado State Bar Association
Civic Activities :
- Downtown Denver Partnership — Leadership Program Alumnus
- The Kitchen Community — Associate Board Member
- Colorado Oil and Gas Association EnGen Leadership Program — 2018 Participant
Rate : $$$