Ann C. Taylor has over 25 years of experience in complex litigations, with an emphasis on defending clients faced with mass disasters and high stakes insurance contract disputes. Ann’s defense of mass tort cases often involves complex jurisdictional and procedural issues such as personal jurisdiction, personal representative, forum non conveniens, Foreign Sovereign Immunity, Death on the High Seas Act and Act of State Doctrine.
Ann’s handling of insurance contract disputes includes numerous declaratory actions, and reformation and rescission actions. She is an experienced trial attorney with proven results for her clients.
Representative Experience :
- Lead trial attorney in the U.S. for product manufacturers and aircraft owner respectively arising out of AirAsia Flight 8501 and Flydubai Flight 981 accidents, which resulted in early dismissals for Locke Lord clients based on jurisdictional grounds. Lead counsel in litigation pending in Russia against the aircraft owner of the Flydubai Flight 981 accident aircraft, which involves working closely with Russian counsel.
- Provided advice to primary and excess insurers concerning issues presented by liability of their insured for a mass disaster that exceeded insurance limits. Issues included ability to settle cases, interpleader, duties of good faith, priority of coverage and scheme to resolve all claims through a nationally-known mediator.
- Lead trial attorney for insurers of a product manufacturer concerning the availability of coverage for a failed commercial satellite series. Representation involved resolving issues presented by litigating matters governed by the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations.
- Defended insurers of four major U.S. air carriers in series of coverage litigations arising out of pollution at airports and maintenance facilities throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico, where each air carrier sought in excess of $800 million. Secured settlements for Locke Lord clients.
- Trial counsel in coverage dispute against newspaper publisher seeking over $70 million for pollution liabilities. Obtained a defense verdict at trial that was subsequently upheld on appeal.
Professional History :
- Chair, Aviation Practice Group
- U.N. Special Commission, Bosnia War Crimes
- Presidential Appointment, U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. House of Representatives, Legislative Assistant
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, International Aviation Womens Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Cincinnati
- B.A., Miami University
Admissions : Illinois
Admitted To Practice : U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$