Anna Aryankalayil focuses her practice on antitrust litigation, government investigations, and the antitrust aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. She counsels clients in a wide variety of industries, including transportation, healthcare, food and beverage, and retail. In litigation, Ms. Aryankalayil has experience defending high-profile transactions against government challenge.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Aryankalayil was a research assistant to Commissioner Joshua D. Wright of the Federal Trade Commission. She was also a summer law clerk to Commissioner Maureen K. Ohlhausen of the Federal Trade Commission.
- Emory University, B.B.A., 2010
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude, Member of the George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal, Member of the Moot Court Board
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
CLERKSHIPS : United States Federal Trade Commission, Commissioner Maureen K. Ohlhausen
MEMBERSHIPS : Young Lawyer Representative, ABA Section of Antitrust Law’s Distribution and Franchising Committee (2017-2018)
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest used industrial equipment auctioneer, in securing unconditional antitrust clearance from the United States Department of Justice for its US$758.5M acquisition of IronPlanet, a leading online marketplace for heavy equipment and other durable assets.
- General Electric Company in the DOJ investigation and subsequent three-week trial over the US$3.3 billion sale of GE Appliances to AB Electrolux; United States v. AB Electrolux and General Electric Company (D.D.C.)
- CVS Health in its US$100 million acquisition of Navarro, the largest Hispanic owned retail pharmacy chain in the United States, following FTC and State Attorney General review of the deal.
Rate : $$$