Anna Karass is a senior associate with Alston & Bird’s International Trade & Regulatory Team. She advises clients on a variety of international trade issues, including economic sanctions and export controls, as well as related enforcement matters.
Anna has assisted in the representation of financial institutions in the investigation and disclosure of violations of U.S. sanctions. She has counseled clients on sanctions issues arising in cross-border transactions and assisted companies in developing internal sanctions, export, and AML compliance programs and procedures.
Anna received her J.D., magna cum laude, from the George Washington University Law School and her A.B., cum laude, from Bowdoin College.
- District of Columbia
- The George Washington University (J.D., 2013)
- Bowdoin College (A.B., 2008)
- Advised multinational companies in the energy sector on the application of Ukraine-related sanctions.
- Assisted a European financial institution with an internal investigation into violations of OFAC sanctions.
- Assisted a European financial institution responding to an administrative subpoena from OFAC.
- Developed trade compliance policies and training programs for multinational companies in the energy and electronics sectors.
Rate : $$$