Anna Katherine (A.K.) Moody is a member of the Tax and Wealth Planning Group in Washington, DC, where she focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning and estate administration.
A.K. advises individuals and families on all aspects of wealth planning, including general estate planning; business succession planning; transfer tax planning techniques, such as irrevocable life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and intentionally defective grantor trusts; and the modification and reformation of trust agreements, both judicially and nonjudicially.
A.K. also counsels fiduciaries on estate and trust administration, including post-mortem tax planning and the preparation of estate and gift tax returns. In addition, she has represented beneficiaries and fiduciaries in estate and trust litigation matters.
A.K. earned her LL.M. in Taxation, with distinction, from Georgetown University Law Center, where she also completed the Estate Planning certificate program. She received her J.D. from Washington & Lee University School of Law and earned an A.B.J. in Public Relations, magna cum laude, from the University of Georgia.
- LL.M. with distinction Georgetown University Law Center 2018
- J.D. Washington and Lee University School of Law 2011
- A.B.J. Public Relations magna cum laude University of Georgia 2006
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- ABA Taxation Section
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- DC Bar Association, Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section
Rate : $$$$