Anna M. McDonough focuses her practice on business combinations, including mergers and acquisitions, other complex corporate transactions, and corporate counseling. Anna advises business owners, boards of directors, and executives on an array of issues, from business development and emerging market opportunities, to financing from both institutional lenders and venture capital firms.
Anna has substantial experience drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, buyouts, and equity offerings to executives. Anna acts as outside general counsel to several small to mid-size corporations. She is a trusted advisor to general counsel of larger corporations, dealing with company operations and risk management.
Within the umbrella of corporate practice, Anna has managed the purchase and sale of substantial assets of bankruptcy estates. She has also developed a practice in biologics and life sciences: representing buyers and sellers of hospitals and nursing homes, as well as medical device and pharmaceutical companies in the acquisition of assets and licensing transactions.
Anna represents foreign businesses in establishing U.S. operations, advising them on acquisitions and operations, including supply and distribution agreements. She works with Select Greater Philadelphia to help global businesses establish a presence in the United States.
Anna represents U.S. companies seeking to expand operations internationally, whether by acquiring local companies or by commencing their own operations in diverse locations, ranging from China to Europe and throughout the Caribbean and Central and South America.
Anna is active in the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT) and lecturers on topics in corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other relevant issues for various organizations, including the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI).
Anna was named a 2018 Client Choice winner by Lexology and the International Law Office for her outstanding client service. Anna also commits her time to pro bono work for nonprofit organizations throughout the United States, with a focus on organizations that assist disadvantaged and disabled children and those that assist adults in recovery.
Anna is pro bono counsel and a member of the board of directors of the Working Film Establishment. Anna earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin and her law degree from Pennsylvania State University’s Dickinson School of Law.
- Served as corporate and regulatory counsel in acquisition of five nursing homes. Handled financing for sale as well.
- Represented nursing homes in New Jersey and Florida in asset sale of facilities.
- Represented the seller of a skilled nursing facility in Trenton, N.J.
- Represented a petro chemical inspection company in a credit facility transaction with Capital One, NA.
- Represented a petro chemical inspection company in its acquisition of assets in Freeport, Bahamas.
- Represented a petro chemical inspection company in its acquisition of chemical additives business.
- Represented a Philadelphia-, London-, and Dublin-based collateral manager in CDO transaction in sale of collateral management agreements to an affiliate of Fortress Management.
- Represented a U.S. life sciences company in a license and distribution transaction with a top five worldwide pharmaceutical company.
- Represented the executives of a publicly held company, including the performance of internal investigation, in a clandestine government investigation of official wrongdoing.
- Represented a U.K.-based pharmaceutical packaging company in establishing U.S. operations, including engagement of distribution team and negotiation of supply agreements with pharmaceutical companies.
- Represented broker dealer in engagement of senior executive team and assignment of certain proprietary trading platforms.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in sale of assets comprising Hard Rock Amusement Park in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Represented The Baptist Home of Philadelphia in the sale of Deer Meadows Retirement Community, a Pennsylvania not-for-profit continuing care retirement facility, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, and a personal care center located in Philadelphia.
- Represented eMarketer, Inc., the leading aggregator of information on trends in media and technology, in connection with its acquisition by one of the world’s largest digital publishers, Axel Springer, in a complex and reverse merger transaction for a purchase price of approximately $242 million.
- Represented RAIT Financial Trust, controlling owner of Taberna Capital Management, LLC, in the sale of Taberna’s collateral management assets to Fortress Investment Group.
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Texas–Austin, B.A., 1994
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Wisconsin
Rate : $$$$