Anna M. Timmerman’s practice focuses on healthcare transactional and regulatory matters for a variety of healthcare providers, including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and dialysis centers.
She has assisted in drafting operating agreements and amendments, asset purchase agreements, and medical director agreements; participated in completing asset and stock purchase transactions; and advised clients regarding the Stark law, state and federal fraud and abuse laws, the corporate practice of medicine, and payor matters.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Anna clerked as a summer extern for Chief Judge Linda R. Reade of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa and received the University of Iowa College of Law’s prestigious William L. Boyd Public Service Distinction.
In 2004, Anna was an intern in the Law and Policy Section of the Environment and Natural Resource Division at the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. While earning her undergraduate degree from Luther College, Anna was a member of the Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society.
- Representation of an orthodontic services provider in its $2.1 million acquisition of assets from a Colorado-based orthodontic practice.
- Representation of a health system in the purchase of the stock or assets of numerous physician practices.
- Representation of a health system in the sale of its assets to a growing for-profit health system.
- Representation of a private equity fund in a $275 million equity recapitalization in conjunction with senior management of a surgical facility company.
- The University of Iowa College of Law, JD, with High Distinction, Managing Editor and Student Writer, Iowa Law Review, Volumes 94 and 95, 2010
- The University of Iowa, MA, Health Administration, 2007
- Luther College, BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2005
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
Rate : $$$$