Ms. Anne M. Collart has experience in a variety of criminal and civil matters and practices in federal and state court. In her criminal practice, she has prepared legal briefs for trial and appellate matters, arguing intricate matters of criminal procedure and substantive legal issues, from post-conviction DNA testing to sentencing modifications.
Ms. Collart’s civil work includes defending qui tam actions under the New Jersey and Federal False Claims Acts and litigating complex issues under the Federal Alien Tort Statute. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Collart clerked for the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden, U.S.D.J., and to the Honorable Anne M. Patterson, Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Ms. Collart also maintains an active pro bono practice. She successfully argued an appeal from the trial court’s denial of a client’s petition for expungement, resulting in a published opinion from the New Jersey Appellate Division, and ultimately an expungement of her client’s records. She has also appeared in family court on behalf of victims of domestic violence to pursue child support and custody issues. Outside of her legal service, she is a board member for CASA of Union County, an organization that advocates on behalf of children in foster care.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude)
- Associate Editor, Seton Hall Law Review, 2012-2014
- Editor, Health Law Outlook, 2011-2012
- Marquette University (B.A., cum laude)
- Albert Ludwigs Universitaet (Credits Towards B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Katherine S. Hayden, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2015-2016
- The Honorable Anne M. Patterson, Supreme Court of New Jersey, Morristown, NJ
- Judicial clerk, 2014-2015
- Judicial intern, 2013
- United States v. Metro, 882 F.3d 431 (3d Cir. 2018)
- Matter of E.C., __ A.3d __ (N.J. App. Div. 2018)
Rate : $$$$