Anne E. Croteau focuses her practice on private equity and other financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. She has experience representing lenders in first lien, unitranche, second lien and mezzanine credit facilities, equity co-investments and kickers, regularly advising on intercreditor relationships, capital structures and complex restructurings.
Anne also represents funds, companies and investors in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including platform and add-on acquisitions, recapitalizations and investment exits. Anne is among a small group of lawyers in the United States who have significant transactional and regulatory experience with Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC Funds).
She has experience in both public and private securities offerings, as well as joint ventures, strategic alliances and other complex commercial transactions. She counsels companies on a variety of general corporate matters, ranging from board and shareholder matters, to various contractual and operating concerns.
- Representation of a publicly-traded business development company in its sale of a multi-national provider of back-end merchant solutions and front-end payment and donation management products.
- Representation of a leading provider of customized battery recycling solutions in its add-on acquisition of an electronics reuse and recycling company.
- Representation of a publicly-traded business development company in its sale of a business process outsourcing provider that specializes in printing, fulfillment and call center services.
- Represented funds in connection with third party purchases and sales of debt and equity investments.
- Advised a private equity fund on the acquisition, equity and debt financing of a reference laboratory.
- Regularly represents Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs), Business Development Companies (BDCs) and other private equity funds.
- Represented venture capital funds and start-up companies in early-stage equity and convertible debt financings.
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude, 1998
- Duke University, MA, 1995
- Duke University, BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1993
- North Carolina
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association; 10th Judicial District, Swearing In Committee; YLD Board, 2007
- Board Member, Association for Corporate Growth, 2015-2017
- Member, Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED), 2006-2007
- Member, Kerr YMCA Board, 2010-2015
Rate : $$$