Anne D. Greene advises clients on various employee benefits topics governed by the Internal Revenue Code and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Anne counsels clients regarding defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, executive compensation plans (nonqualified deferred compensation), and Section 280G payments.
Anne also assists employers with both IRS (Self-Correction Program, Voluntary Compliance Program, Audit Cap) and DOL compliance programs (Voluntary Correction Program) when necessary.
Anne also has broad experience with health and welfare plans including but not limited to: preparation and review of cafeteria plans; preparation and review of wrap plan documents; answering various HDHP and HSA questions; working extensively with the rules and regulations surrounding the Affordable Care Act; reviewing and assisting in developing company wellness programs; reviewing assignments of benefits; and discussing various issues that may arise with Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement.
Anne earned her J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and her undergraduate degree from Allegheny College. She also has her L.L.M. in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Performed and/or analyzed nondiscrimination testing (e.g., ADP, ACP, Top Heavy) for 401(k) plans and offered solutions when tests showed compliance issues or errors in the testing methods were revealed.
- Prepared an ERISA WRAP plan and summary plan documents to ensure compliance with relevant law and ability to create a combined Form 5500.
- Assisted in creating and pricing an on-site clinic when the client also offered an HSA to its employees. Provided advice and counsel relating to the creation and maintenance of an HSA alongside offering other health and welfare arrangements.
- Assisted in the review and creation of individual separation agreements under an ERISA Separation Plan for a reduction in force.
- Assisted in the incorporation of historical amendments and restatement of ongoing Long-Term Incentive Plan (Executive Compensation Plan/Nonqualified Deferred Compensation).
- Researched tax reporting for both the company and employees under an executive compensation plan.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2011
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., with distinction, 2012
- Allegheny College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$