Anne Littlefield represents schools in labor relations, employment and education law, including collective bargaining, personnel policies and practices, constitutional law, special education, student discipline, freedom of information, and education policies.
She negotiates collective bargaining agreements on behalf of schools, including representation in interest arbitration proceedings as needed. Anne works with schools to address issues such as bullying and sexual harassment.
She is often called upon to advise schools regarding professional boundaries and child abuse and neglect issues. In her role as general counsel to boards of education around the state, Anne facilitates self-evaluation and goal-setting sessions.
She also leads Shipman & Goodwin’s model policy project, which provides policy support and guidance to a number of school districts. In addition, she is a frequent author and speaker on education matters.
Anne serves as Deputy General Counsel to Shipman & Goodwin. From 2010 through 2017, she was Co-Chair of the firm’s School Law Practice Group, and from 2011 through 2017, she served on the firm’s seven-member Management Committee.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association: Education Law Committee; Vice Chair
- Connecticut School Attorneys Council: Former President
- National School Boards’ Association Council of School Attorneys: Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Harvard Divinity School, M.T.S., 1992
- Boston College, A.B., 1989, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$