Anne Knox Averitt is a labor and employment and litigation associate in the Birmingham office. She represents governmental and corporate clients in a number of industries, including automotive, natural resources, manufacturing, health care, non-profit, employee staffing, housing compliance, communications, federal contracting, construction, and financial services.
She has helped to obtain favorable resolution for matters at all stages, from dismissal on the initial pleadings to a defense jury verdict. Anne Knox handles litigation involving labor arbitration awards, employee benefits, FMLA and FLSA claims, discrimination claims before the EEOC and in federal court, and unfair labor claims before the NLRB.
She advises clients in compliance matters, drafts employment policies and employee handbooks, and conducts employee training sessions.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2011
- Duke University, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Professional & Community Activities : Defense Research Institute
- UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA
- UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, MIDDLE DISTRICT OF ALABAMA
- UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA
Licensed In : ALABAMA
Rate : $$$$