Anne C. Lefever is experienced in representing clients in corporate and government investigations involving, among other issues, allegations of tax fraud, antitrust violations, money laundering, corporate governance issues and OFAC violations.
Anne has significant experience in serving European financial institutions being investigated by U.S. regulators. In doing so, she brings to the table her dual civil and common law degrees to assist European clients in navigating the U.S. justice system and interfacing with U.S. regulatory officials, as well as her French language skills. Most recently, Ms. Lefever represented a Swiss bank before the U.S. Department of Justice, Tax Division, in the Swiss/U.S. Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements. The investigation resulted in a non-prosecution agreement for the bank.
Anne also has represented clients involved in commercial litigation in both state and federal court, with a particular focus on handling disputes involving aircraft manufacturers, purchasers, suppliers and lessors, and relating to manufacturing defects, warranty claims, delivery issues and lease violations.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Defended European financial institution facing claims arising out of purported fraud in foreign exchange and foreign exchange option transactions.
- Represented European financial institution in connection with multi-district antitrust litigation.
- Advised Swiss banking institution before the U.S. Department of Justice, Tax Division in the Swiss-U.S. Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of $50 million fraud claim against heavy equipment manufacturer
- Successfully obtained dismissal of $30 million breach of contract claim against aircraft manufacturer
- Successfully obtained dismissal of RICO, FCPA and fraud claims against heavy equipment manufacturer in connection with Oil For Food Program.
- Defended foreign financial institution against claims arising out of purported fraud in foreign exchange and foreign exchange option transactions.
- In a pro bono case, assisted a non-citizen victim of domestic violence in obtaining lawful status in the United States pursuant to the Violence Against Women Act.
- LL.B/B.C.L, McGill University, Faculty of Law, 2006
- M.A., University of Colorado, Boulder, 2002
- B.A., University of Alberta, 2000
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$