Anne E. Ross, a business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, has worked in the field of business law for more than 30 years. Her practice reflects the growing intellectual asset-based economy of the Upper Midwest, including extensive work with technology-driven companies and their investors, insurance companies, and tax-exempt organizations.
Ms. Ross strives to work as her clients’ partner in making the most of business opportunities, solving problems, and avoiding potential disputes through active listening, creative negotiation, and precise drafting of transactional documents.
She acts as “outside general counsel” to many of her clients, serving as the focal point to bring the full resources of Foley to bear on the project at hand in an effective and efficient manner.
Ms. Ross is a member of the firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital and Transactional & Securities Practices, and the Manufacturing, Life Sciences and Insurance & Reinsurance Industry Teams.
She is also a former managing partner of the firm’s Madison office.Ms. Ross serves as counsel to public and private companies in a variety of technology-driven industries.
She has had extensive experience handling mergers and acquisitions, distribution and licensing arrangements, private debt and equity financings, and strategic partnerships for medical device manufacturers, software developers, communications technology companies, content providers, new media companies, and manufacturers of a wide range of materials and products.
Ms. Ross regularly works with university faculty members, research scientists, and engineers on company formation, start-up funding, and commercialization of emerging technology.
Ms. Ross graduated with her J.D. from Stanford University Law School in 1981, where she was associate editor of the Stanford Law Review. She earned a B.A. in physical anthropology, with distinction, from the University of Wisconsin – Madison in 1977.
Ms. Ross is a founder and director of Accelerate Madison (a trade group for technology companies) and a director of and legal counsel to the Women in Manufacturing Association. She has served as a director of Wisconsin Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company since 1988 and SECURA Insurance, A Mutual Company, since 1993.
Representative Matters :
- Foley served as counsel for the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI) in its role as domestic regulator of Ambac Assurance Corporation (AAC) and as rehabilitator of the Segregated Account of AAC.
- We have been closely involved with the overall restructuring of AAC, including the recently announced global settlement with the CDO of ABS counterparties.
- Foley served as lead outside deal and regulatory counsel for American Family Mutual Insurance Company in its $239 million acquisition of PGC Holdings Corp. and its various insurance subsidiaries.
- Foley assisted in due diligence, took the lead in negotiating and drafting all definitive and ancillary agreements, prepared American Family’s federal and state insurance regulatory filings and obtained all corresponding regulatory approvals, and handled the closing of the transaction.
- The deal required regulatory approval from the state insurance department in Ohio.
- Represented a nanotechnology company in a Series CC Preferred Stock financing by five venture capital funds and a direct institutional investor.
Rate : $$$$