Anne-Thérèse Béchamps is a business attorney with a diverse practice in real estate and commercial finance. Anne-Thérèse negotiates and documents the acquisition, financing, and disposition of all types of commercial real estate, including land for development, with a focus on mixed-use and hotel developments.
Her extensive experience in financing includes term and revolving credit facilities secured by real and personal property, construction financing, mezzanine loans, and credit enhancements.
She regularly advises clients on matters involving Article 9 (Secured Transactions) of the Uniform Commercial Code. She has led numerous complex syndicated and portfolio transactions, as well as single-asset deals, through to completion.
Anne-Thérèse represents real estate investors, developers, owners, banks, and other institutional lenders. She also advises other Venable clients in the real estate and financing aspects of their businesses.
She started her legal career in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, and brings that experience and perspective to structuring transactions to protect her clients’ interests. When necessary, she is able to guide her clients through the foreclosure, receivership, and workout processes.
- Represented hotel and other commercial real estate owners in acquisition, construction, and refinance loans
- Represented a privately owned hotel developer and owner in the $1.7 billion disposition of a 100-property hotel portfolio
- Represented a special servicer in multiple portfolio sales of office, retail, multifamily, and hotel REO properties
- Represented an international, family-owned food and agriculture company in more than $1 billion of secured term and revolving-credit facilities.
- J.D.magna cum laudeUniversity of Notre Dame1990
- M.S.Real EstateJohns Hopkins University2008
- B.A.summa cum laudeSt. Mary-of-the-Woods College1987
Bar Admissions : Maryland, Virginia
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Chair, Hotels, Resorts and Tourism Committee, ABA’s Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Member, planning committee, MBSA Advanced Real Property Institute
- Member, Virginia State Bar Association, Real Property and Business Law Sections.
- Serves on national and local nonprofit advisory boards
- Serves on the mission advisory board for the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, and counsels the executive board of the Assistance Center of Towson Churches
Rate : $$$