Annie Y.S. Chuang is an accomplished trial lawyer whose focus is complex civil litigation. She has more than 20 years of extensive trial and management experience in litigation involving the automotive, technology, pharmaceutical, health care, food and beverage and tobacco industries.
She also is a member of Shook’s Artificial Intelligence Task Force, monitoring this rapidly evolving practice area and developing business and litigation strategies to meet the new challenges it brings to clients.
From developing successful defense strategies to avoid trial to litigating complex and mass tort claims to verdict, she has gained a reputation for excellence, efficiency and dependability among her clients.
She has successfully tried cases to jury verdicts for her corporate clients and as a volunteer at the San Francisco Office of the Public Defender.
Annie has taken hundreds of fact and expert depositions and has extensive experience dealing with complex medical and scientific issues.
In addition, she continues to manage hundreds of personal injury cases filed in Florida as a result of the decertification of a class action, including playing a lead role in discovery and trial.
Annie has also worked on litigation matters in Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, Japan and the Philippines. She has identified and developed expert witnesses for foreign litigation threats.
She also advises her clients on complex legislative and regulatory matters and future litigation threats in foreign jurisdictions, including providing updates on new rulings and legislation affecting product liability law.
Committed to giving back to the larger community, she has served on the board of the Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area and has provided legal advice to low-income Asians as a volunteer at the Asian Legal Clinic.
Annie also has served the Asian American community nationally as a co-chair of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s Women’s Leadership Committee.
She contributes to the profession by presenting at CLE conferences, including serving on a panel to address juror perceptions of corporate litigants during the Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s 7th Annual CLE Expo in Chicago.
Annie is a member of Shook’s Executive Committee.
- Representing a transportation network in a putative class action related to the use of ride-tracking software.
- Defending a major beverage retailer in a breach of contract matter.
- Represented a software support company in a four-week copyright infringement trial against Oracle.
- Representing a major cigarette manufacturer in multiple lawsuits and trials nationwide.
- Represented Catholic Charities in a housing discrimination and reasonable accommodation lawsuit which resulted in a favorable summary judgment motion.
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., University of California, Irvine, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association and Asian Legal Caucus, Asian Legal Clinic, Volunteer
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area, Board
- Bay Area Asian American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Women’s Leaderships Committee, Co-Chair
- San Francisco Bar Association
Rate : $$$