Annie Huang is results-oriented attorney with a core belief that the law is a tool to drive business and a passion for protecting intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets) through litigation, counseling and licensing.
She partners with her clients in developing creative and effective solutions for complex legal problems to help her clients achieve their business objectives.
Through representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in intellectual property and business disputes, Ms. Huang has helped resolve issues facing holders of a variety of intellectual property rights as well as accused infringers.
Her experience encompasses matters involving a wide range of industries and markets including consumer electronics, medical devices, variable data printing, window frame technology, and pharmaceuticals. She has served as trial counsel and been a member of several trial teams that resulted in favorable outcomes for her clients.
She also has experience managing large case teams in discovery, deposing and defending expert and fact witnesses, and advocating for clients at hearings.
Ms. Huang has devoted substantial time to pro bono representation and has served as trial counsel for individuals seeking political asylum before the Immigration Court. She also represented one of the survivors of the I-35W bridge collapse. She is actively involved in her community and is a volunteer attorney for the Volunteer Lawyers for Arts.
Ms. Huang has served as an adjunct faculty member teaching a section on civil litigation for the lawyering skills course at the University of Wisconsin Law School. She was also a Judicial Intern with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin for the Honorable Barbara B. Crabb in the Spring of 2003.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (2003)
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. (1998)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellows Program
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Board of Directors (2005-2011); Co-Chair of Diversity Committee (2005-2007); Vice President of Special Events (2007-2008); Co-Chair of Intellectual Property Practice Group (2008-2009); Co-Chair of Communications Committee (2010-2011)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Secretary (2005-2007); Advisory Board (2008-2010)
Rate : $$$