Anoush Garakani is a senior associate on Alston & Bird’s Consumer Financial Services Team. He advises on mortgage banking and consumer finance and concentrates on counseling clients on compliance with federal and state consumer financial protection laws and regulations.
Clients trust Anoush’s guidance when facing challenges surrounding the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Truth in Lending Act.
He is experienced with federal and state prohibitions against abusive practices and regulations related to property tax deferrals, retail installment sales contracts, telemarketing, and use of auto-dialer systems.
Anoush also assists clients with performing regulatory compliance due diligence on investments or acquisitions related to consumer financial products, such as mortgage loans and consumer loans.
- District of Columbia
- American University (J.D., 2013)
- University of California, Irvine (B.A., 2010)
- Performed regulatory due diligence reviews for loan platform and portfolio acquisitions or investments and consumer lending startups, including online lenders.
- Analyzed licensing obligations for consumer lenders, sales finance companies, mortgage brokers, loan servicers, and debt collectors.
- Responded to civil investigative demands issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Rate : $$$