Pillsbury Tax senior partner Anthon S. Cannon advises global clientele, including nonprofit entities, on federal and state income and estate tax issues. He also litigates corporate and individual tax disputes.
Tony counsels U.S. corporations and international companies doing business in the United States, charitable foundations, nonprofits and individuals on a wide range of federal and state tax matters.
He has broad experience in individual and corporate income and franchise tax audits, appeals and disputes, including planning and litigation involving intercompany transfer tax matters, estate and trust administration, and tax strategies for global companies entering the U.S. market.
Experienced in planning for charitable giving, Tony advises more than 20 nonprofits on entity formation, governance and compliance with U.S. and California tax and nonprofit corporation laws, and is skilled in representing clients involved in matters with the California Attorney General.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Sanyo Corporation and U.S. affiliates in all transfer pricing audits, appeals and litigation for the years 1979 through 2015.
- Advised the nonprofit entity formed to assist the city of San Francisco in hosting the America’s Cup in 2013.
- Represented U.S. and non-U.S. individual taxpayers required to disclose foreign financial accounts for purposes of IRS and FBAR rules and the streamlined process procedures.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1965
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1971
- B.S., University of Utah, 1962
ADMISSIONS : California, New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Various U.S. District Courts
Rate : $$$$