Focused on finding clients the shortest path to a resolution, Anthony J. Abate concentrates his practice on commercial disputes of any nature in the form of business litigation with an emphasis on construction, probate and trust, foreclosure, and alternative dispute resolution. With a broad range of experience, Tony is positioned to effectively evaluate the best alternatives in matters such as all aspects of commercial and construction transactions and disputes.
In construction matters, he represents construction companies, contractors, sureties, subcontractors, developers, construction suppliers, property owners, lenders, design professionals, individuals, and families. Tony is board certified in construction law, one of only a few hundred (less than one percent) lawyers statewide to receive this distinction.
Lawyers certified in construction law deal with matters relating to the design and construction of improvements on private and public projects including, but not limited to, construction-dispute resolution, contract negotiation, preparation, award and administration, lobbying governmental hearings, oversight and document review, construction-scheduling analysis and delay claims, lending and insurance, construction licensing, and the analysis and litigation of problems arising out of the Florida Construction Lien Law, Section 255.05; Florida Statutes; and the federal Miller Act, 40 U.S.C. §§ 3131 through 3134
- J.D., Southern Illinois University, 1979
- B.S., with honors, Northern Illinois University, 1976
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Florida Bar Board of Governors, 1999-2003
- Florida Bar Disciplinary Procedures Committee
- Florida Bar Disciplinary Review Committee
- Florida Bar Special Committee on Multi-Jurisdictional Practice
- Chief Justice’s Advisory Committee for the 2004 Tobias Simon Pro Bono Awards
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County, Board of Directors, Past Chair and Executive Committee Member
Rate : $$$$