Anthony P. Callaghan, a native of County Donegal, Ireland, is a commercial litigator who practices in the federal and state courts of New York and New Jersey, in addition to various alternative dispute resolution tribunals. His practice ranges from contract and restrictive covenant disputes to securities litigation, class and derivative actions, and counseling clients on a broad range of business issues.
Mr. Callaghan counsels a broad range of Irish corporate and institutional clients operating in the United States on legal issues including dispute resolution, intellectual property rights, employment concerns, creditors’ rights, and mergers & acquisitions–where necessary, working with colleagues from Gibbons’ other practice groups with experience in the relevant discipline.
As President of the Irish American Bar Association of New Jersey, and an active member of several community and philanthropic organizations, Mr. Callaghan maintains close ties to the legal and business communities in the United States, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
Mr. Callaghan has served as lead counsel on a variety of litigations, including cases involving banking and credit disputes; reinsurance disputes; malpractice; senior corporate executive contract disputes and negotiations; and corporate dissolution proceedings.
He has taken a leading role in innumerable other disputes involving auditor malpractice; emergent injunctive relief relating to employment restrictive covenants; securities class actions and derivative claims; contract disputes; intellectual property disputes; and a range of complex commercial disputes.
Mr. Callaghan has served as lead counsel on several matters, including cases involving Reinsurance/Retrocessionaire disputes and corporate dissolution proceedings; and he has taken a leading role in innumerable other actions involving, among other things, auditor malpractice; emergent injunctive relief relating to employment restrictive covenants; securities class actions and derivative claims; contract disputes; complex commercial disputes; municipal bond disputes; and litigations stemming from international trade and Consultation agreements. Mr. Callaghan has also served as counsel to a Special Litigation Committee of the Board cf Directors of a Fortune 500 company.
- Bank of China, New York Branch
- Bear Stearns & Co., Inc.
- Capital One Services, Inc.
- Layne Christensen Company
- MediMedia USA, Inc.
- Niles Audio Corporation
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- National University of Ireland – Carysfort College (B.Ed., honours)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Justice William J. Brennan Jr. Chapter of the Essex Inn of Court
- Essex County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$