Anthony B. Cavender provides guidance and counseling relating to enforcement and compliance. He has represented clients in Superfund matters, and in RCRA and Clean Water Act enforcement proceedings.
Tony is a Senior Counsel in the firm’s Houston office and a member of the Environmental & Natural Resources practice section. His practice focuses on the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Superfund.
Before joining Pillsbury, Tony was a member of the legal department of Pennzoil Co., specializing in these areas as well as general corporate legal matters. He served on various energy industry committees and trade associations.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented clients in Clean Water Act and RCRA enforcement actions.
- Has served as the chair of a Superfund PRP Group Steering Committee, and in other capacities.
- LL.B., The University of Texas School of Law, 1964
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1963
ADMISSIONS : Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$