Anthony J. Jacob practices law in the areas of business law, banking and commercial finance law, real estate law, and election law. Mr. Jacob is engaged in general corporate practice, including various aspects of private merger, acquisition, divestiture and employee benefit matters.
In addition, Mr. Jacob’s practice includes secured and unsecured lending transactions, asset securitization and structured finance, ESOP loans, initial debt and equity offerings, primary and secondary debt offerings, corporate reorganizations and restructuring, joint ventures and syndicated commercial financing transactions.
His clients include domestic and foreign corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, and banks and other commercial lending institutions. Additionally, Mr. Jacob represents real estate developers with real estate acquisitions, divestitures, and condominium conversions.
He serves as outside general counsel to certain real estate development companies, assisting with their construction, development and liability protection strategies. A significant part of Mr. Jacob’s practice includes the area of Illinois election law.
He counsels local and state elected officials, their political committees and other types of political committees, including independent expenditure committees. He also represents the political action committees of corporations, not for profit corporations, partnerships, associations and other business entities. Mr. Jacob formerly represented the Friends of Blagojevich political committee.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in December 2000, Mr. Jacob served as deputy general counsel for the Illinois State Board of Elections and as an attorney with a Chicago law firm representing school districts, special education districts, other local governmental bodies, and candidates, public officials and political committees.
Professional Affiliations :
- Institute of Illinois Business Law at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Board Member
- The John Marshall Law School, Investment Committee, Member of Board of Trustees, 2013 –Present
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Member, Business and Securities Law Section Council, Chairman, 2012
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, Election Law Committee, Member
- LL.M., The John Marshall Law School, 2003, Taxation and Employee Benefits
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 1998
- B.A., Northern Illinois University, 1994
Admissions : Illinois, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Rate : $$$$