Anthony J. Malutta advises leading brand owners regarding the acquisition, use and enforcement of rights under trademark and copyright laws. He specializes in the strategic management of complex global trademark portfolios for household brands.
Mr. Malutta has deep expertise advising clients in the technology, retail, and food product sectors. Complementing Mr. Malutta’s brand counseling is his significant experience litigating intellectual property disputes in federal courts, as well as before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Mr. Malutta also maintains an active practice counseling clients on issues related to the Internet, including the development of comprehensive on-line brand protection plans, resolving domain name disputes, and advising clients regarding DMCA and other takedown issues.
Mr. Malutta is Co-Leader of the Trademark & Copyright Team, a role he has held since 2010. During his tenure the Team achieved National Tier 1 prominence in multiple publications and was named Firm of the Year for Trademark Contentious (2017) and Non-Contentious (2016) by Managing Intellectual Property. The Team has grown to include over 100 dedicated trademark and copyright attorneys.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D. (1997)
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., Economics (1993)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Rate : $$$