Anthony D. Rizzotti represents a wide range of employers, including healthcare systems, hospitals, and life sciences companies in: Contract administration, Labor arbitrations, Non-compete and trade secret litigation.
Appearing before the National Labor Relations Board and in state and federal courts in Massachusetts, Florida and Rhode Island, he also handles discrimination issues and claims arising under:
- The National Labor Relations Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
Additionally, he drafts executive employment, non-competition and change-in-control agreements and offers employment training. Anthony recently negotiated a collective bargaining agreement on behalf of an academic medical center covering 2,000 health care workers.
He also obtained a judgment for an academic medical center in a discharge arbitration involving a long-term registered nurse, a summary judgment for a consumer products company in a race/national origin discrimination action in federal court, and a dismissal of an unfair labor practice charge alleging that the employer wrongfully declared an impasse and unilaterally implemented pension changes.
He successfully tried to conclusion an unfair labor practice case involving the alleged discriminatory discharge of four nurses from a Florida hospital. He successfully defended a wage-hour class action in Florida federal court.
Anthony is a member of Littler’s Board of Directors and currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Group. Additionally, he has published and lectured extensively for a variety of legal, business and human resource organizations.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1992
- B.A., Boston College, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Former Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, Boston Bar Association
Rate : $$$