Anthony F. Vernace is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department, where he specializes in the representation of private equity firms and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
Anthony also regularly counsels clients on corporate governance, shareholder activism and securities law matters. His clients span a wide range of industries and include leading technology, transportation, healthcare, industrial, financial services and consumer products companies.
Selected private equity M&A transactions on which Anthony has worked include the representation of:
- Blackstone and CPPIB in connection with their acquisition of Ascend Learning
- Blackstone and Corsair in their majority investment in First Eagle Investment Management
- Blackstone in its $5.4 billion acquisition of Gates Corporation
- BC Partners in connection with its announced acquisition of NAVEX Global
- BC Partners and PetSmart, Inc. in connection with PetSmart’s acquisition of Chewy, Inc.
- BC Partners led consortium in C$5.125 billion recapitalization of GFL Environmental Holdings
- BC Partners led consortium and GFL Environmental Holdings in connection with GFL’s announced acquisition of Waste Industries
- Atairos Group in connection with its acquisition of General Atlantic’s approximately 26% ownership stake in TriNet Group, Inc. for approximately $440 million
- Team Health Holdings, Inc. in connection with its sale to funds affiliated with Blackstone and certain co-investors in a transaction valued at approximately $6.1 billion
- Emerson Electric Co. in the sale of a majority interest in its Embedded Computing & Power business to Platinum Equity
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Vestar Capital Partners and Centerview Partners in their $5.3 billion acquisition of Del Monte Foods Company
Selected strategic M&A transactions on which Anthony has worked include the representation of:
- Microsoft Corporation in its $28.2 billion acquisition of LinkedIn, its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia Corporation’s phone business, its $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype, its $300 million investment in Barnes & Noble’s NOOK business and its announced acquisition of GitHub
- Genesee & Wyoming in numerous transactions, including its $1.4 billion acquisition of RailAmerica, its $210 million acquisition of the west end of the Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad from Canadian Pacific, its acquisition of the Arkansas Division of Pinsly Railroad Company and its $126 million acquisition of Providence and Worcester Railroad Company
- Ameriprise Financial in its $1 billion acquisition of the long-term asset management business of Columbia Management from Bank of America
Anthony received his J.D. in 2005 from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. He received his B.S., summa cum laude, from Fordham University in 2002. Anthony is admitted to practice in New York.
- Columbia Law School, 2005 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Columbia Business Law Review
- Fordham University, 2002 B.S.
- summa cum laude
- New York City Bar Association
- Excellence Community Schools, Member, Board of Directors
Admissions : New York 2006
Rate : $$$