A go-to resource for complex insurance matters, Antonio Morin represents primary and excess insurance carriers in the defense of breach of contract, statutory and common law bad faith matters, as well as the prosecution and defense of declaratory judgment actions. In addition to matters in litigation, Antonio routinely advises carriers regarding insurance coverage, claims handling and bad faith matters outside of litigation.
Antonio represents leading carriers regarding insurance coverage and bad faith issues under automobile liability, PIP, CGL, property, directors and officers, errors and omissions, professional liability, aviation, worker’s compensation, employer’s liability, professional liability and other business insurance policies.
Clients rely on Antonio’s comprehensive knowledge and experience addressing issues regarding the duty to defend, additional insureds, insured contracts, the Claims Administration Statute, and order of coverage.
In addition he serves as a client resource specifically in the context of statutory and common law bad faith claims, time limit settlement demands, failure to proactively initiate settlement negotiations, multiple claimant and/or multiple insured scenarios, improper appraisal invocation, “lowballing,” and wrongful denials of coverage.
Antonio also has extensive experience litigating choice of law issues, as well as addressing the entitlement to, and the reasonableness of, attorney’s fees claimed by plaintiffs in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1999, magna cum laude, Inter-American Law Review, Associate Editor; Member of the Moot Court Board
- B.S., Syracuse University, 1996, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Cuban American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Code and Rules of Evidence Committee, 2006-2009
- Florida Civil Procedure Rules Committee, 2009-2015
- Drugfree Youth In Town – Board of Directors Member, 2006-2012
- JDRF Supporter and Annual Participant in JDRF One Walk
Rate : $$$