Antonio M. Pozos represents clients in criminal litigation, internal investigations, government investigations, and related civil proceedings, with a particular emphasis on the health care industry, foreign corruption, public corruption, and cross-border disputes. He is an experienced trial lawyer and former federal prosecutor.
Tony has extensive criminal and civil experience in both federal and state courts. Before joining Drinker Biddle, Tony was a federal prosecutor with the Criminal Fraud Section of the U.S. Department of Justice, where he worked with the Corporate Strike Force and the Medicare Fraud Strike Force.
During his time at the DOJ, he prosecuted hospital operators, home health care agency owners, doctors, and other health care industry executives and medical professionals throughout the United States.
Significantly, he prosecuted a groundbreaking case against a publicly traded hospital operator, which resulted in a civil and criminal monetary resolution of more than $500 million, and the entry of guilty pleas by two hospital subsidiaries.
He also prosecuted public corruption matters and trained prosecutors from around the country at the Fraud Section’s annual health care fraud training conference.
Tony previously practiced with a major international law firm in Washington, D.C., where he handled litigation and investigations involving investment fraud, securities and commercial fraud, money laundering, insider trading and the False Claims Act.
Tony has routinely represented foreign and domestic corporate clients, as well as individuals, in international investigations and litigation. Tony clerked on the Eastern District of Virginia’s “Rocket Docket” for the Hon. Anthony J. Trenga.
- Represented foreign electronics manufacturer in civil fraud litigation against, and in criminal investigation of, former company executives and Latin American customers.
- Represented financial institution as a third party in civil enforcement action by the Department of Justice against ratings agency Standard & Poor’s.
- Represented financial institution in Justice Department and SIGTARP investigation of mortgage-backed securities trading activities.
- Represented private equity firm in SEC investigation of insider trading.
- Represented Chinese executive in SEC investigation of “reverse merger.”
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Harvard CoDistrict of Columbiallege, A.B., 2004, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, California, Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$