A commercial litigator for more than 30 years, Tony handles highly visible and complex lawsuits, including those against a former Illinois governor, a U.S. congressman, a city mayor, and the son of a sitting U.S. president.
His insurance coverage claims are equally recognizable and have involved a sitting U.S. President and reinsurance obligations arising out of the destruction of the World Trade Center. He currently serves as co-leader of the firm’sLitigation and Dispute Resolution Group.
Tony has tried and arbitrated cases throughout the country and represents financial institutions in lender liability, commercial disputes, fidelity bonds and closing protection letter claims. While working on these cases, he focuses on solving his client’s problems, not making a name for himself in the courtroom. Often that means avoiding or ending litigation through a creative resolution to achieve a client’s goals efficiently.
Tony’s extensive experience also includes civil investigations to identify and recover losses on fraud, employee dishonesty or misconduct, and professional malpractice. His main objective in these situations is to find a quick and cost-effective resolution that is most conducive to a company’s business operations. He frequently coordinates with criminal enforcement and regulatory agencies to maximize the recovery for companies victimized by fraud.
Tony also has substantial experience with reinsurance arbitration and litigation on behalf of both reinsurers and cedants. His reinsurance experience includes disputes over:
- Personal accident
- Individual disability insurance
- Workers’ compensation carve out
- Warranty claims handling
- Oral agreements to reinsure
- Follow the fortunes and follow the settlements
- Letters of credit
- Fronting arrangements and obligations of ceding and assuming companies
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Duke University, A.B., 1978
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- AIDA Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS)
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Leadership of Greater Chicago, Fellow
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS
- Evanston Community Foundation
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Metropolitan Family Services – Evanston/Skokie Valley
Rate : $$$