Anu Sharma is a patent lawyer who focuses his practice on prosecution, litigation, and post-grant and administrative trials. He works to proactively understand his clients’ goals prior to delivering tailored advice in a concise and practical manner.
Anu offers clients intellectual property experience, including in both procurement and enforcement domains. Through his professional experiences, Anu is able to view technology and law through a private practice, corporate, academia, and governmental lens in order to assist his understanding of the clients’ businesses and objectives for solving their issues.
He has particular experience in representative technologies in the electrical and electronic arts, including telecommunications, circuits, microprocessors, antennas, control systems, medical devices, semiconductor devices, data retrieval systems, e-learning systems, business methods and financial systems.
While in law school, Anu served as a patent examiner extern at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (where he focused on examination of patent applications including computer architecture software and information security) before he was a patent agent at a mid-size firm.
Prior to law school, Anu was a trademark litigation clerk, and in addition to his legal experience, he also worked at two major university technology transfer offices and a software start-up company. He is an active pro bono advocate and representative.
- Assisted in representing a client in a utility patent infringement case, resulting in a dismissal.
- Assisted in representing a client in a design patent infringement case, resulting in a dismissal.
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications relating to physical sciences fields, including various electrical and mechanical engineering technologies.
- Experience in inter partes and covered business method review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- JD, Suffolk University Law School, 2014
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 2008
- District of Columbia
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Member, PTAB Bar Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of DC
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
Rate : $$$